Welcome to Dreams to Words the gateway to my world of Bon Jovi Fan Fiction. Here you will find links to not only my stories but also those of other talented writters, so please come on in, open one of the many doors, immerse yourself and enjoy!!

Thursday, August 13, 2009

I've created a poll!

Hey everyone,
I know this is something you don't usually see here on Dreams to Words. I'd usually rather express myself through my writing.

Any way I was having an interesting discussion with one of my readers today, and she posed an interesting question. What do readers prefer in their Fan Fiction? Or rather, what do readers prefer in their fan fiction in regards to SEX?? (It will soon be a little more prominent in both of my fics.)

As you can see I have created a poll (to the right) as a means of determining your feelings on the matter.

So please...take a few moments to let me know what you think.

V

p.s. Comments would also be most welcome.

4 comments:

The Goddess Hathor August 13, 2009 at 6:29 AM  

As not only a reader but a writer, I believe that plot is critical to a story.

Note that I stress the word 'story'.

If you're writing (or reading) a short or a biscuit, or whatever terminology a writer uses, that's different. That's meant to be a snapshot of a character's life -- a single glimpse into their story -- a part of the whole. In this case, if it's just a hard-core sex scene, that's fine. You really don't have anything invested in the characters.

If you're reading a story with a firm beginning, middle, and end, however, the plot has to be there, in my opinion. Even if it's loose. Sex for sex's sake is okay in its place, but it gets boring really fast if chapter after chapter after chapter is sex.

We get it.

They had sex.

It was hot.

Let's move on.

Just my two cents' worth on the matter.

~ Hath

diane4jovi August 13, 2009 at 9:08 AM  

I like the sex (lots and lots of sex), but plenty of conversation too. I like them to talk about the sex they're having and their feelings relating to the sex they're having. Sexy, dirty talk in the form of foreplay or during the act, doesn't matter to me. I talk alot during sex. My husband says he feels like he's being interviewed sometimes. LOL. Whatever you're doing, you're doing right so keep em coming, baby.

Anonymous,  August 13, 2009 at 12:58 PM  

I went with option 3. Can´t wait for the next chapters. :)

Anonymous,  August 26, 2009 at 10:33 AM  

I agree with the Goddess' post. If it's a biscuit, then hot sex is great. If it's a story, I like it to have a plot and character development as well. I like a story that I can cheer the characters on or feel for them in whatever circumstances they are in.

And I agree with Diane's post too. I like the characters to have a conversation about all levels of their relationship.

As a reader, a story needs to have a combination of sex, story line and character development. That's what keeps me coming back to the story & it's what keeps me reading a book.

Either way, I thank you all for sharing your stories with us. I'm amazed at the talent I see. Some of you are as good, if not better, as some of the authors' books I pay for.

Peg

*************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Drop Me A Line

Do you have a comment, a request or perhaps a suggestion for Venus.
Email me at
dreamstowords@gmail.com

Followers

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

      © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    Back to TOP